Whole30 Challenge!


I have been doing so much research lately into eating Paleo/Primal style for autoimmune diseases. I was so excited about what I was reading I knew I had to do it. We have already begun to steer our diet to healthier eating, excluding dairy, wheat and sugar. It was time to take the next step and eliminate all grains, legumes and potatoes too!

I'm not a great 'dieter'. I cheat and make exceptions when we are out or for special occasions. Because of this, I have not seen the great improvement others report when strictly following the Paleo/Primal lifestyle. While doing research and reading other blogs around the web, I kept seeing the phrase Whole30 used frequently. What was this Whole30? 


I visited Whole9's website and was overloaded with awesome information! It was a paleo program with a few more rules. No cheating for 30 days! No added sweetener of any kind, this means honey, maple syrup and stevia too! No alcohol and no "paleo-ified" desserts! This is the kind of hardcore jump I need! The original program I started with allowed you to ease into it, starting with an 80/20 rule. 80% of your meals were paleo and 20% were cheat meals. This hadn't worked for me so far. Now, maybe your thinking, cold turkey? That's way too hard. I may have thought that for a while until I read this amazing pep talk from the Whole30 website:



"It is not hard. Don’t you dare tell us this is hard. Quitting heroin is hard. Beating cancer is hard. Drinking your coffee black. Is. Not. Hard. You won’t get any coddling, and you won’t get any sympathy for your “struggles”. YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE not to complete the program as written. It’s only thirty days, and it’s for the most important health cause on earth – the only physical body you will ever have in this lifetime."



Living with MS is hard. Struggling to do everyday tasks when your symptoms are acting up is hard. Giving up a few "precious" food items for 30 days shouldn't be that hard!! I'm already there mentally, now is the time for me to jump in physically too!

Think you're ready for the Whole30 challenge? Check out our Whole30 tab at the top of the page, and be sure to check back for updates, recipes and tips! Don't hestitate, join the challenge today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment